Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam
7 DC Heliox charging devices , 450 kW each - more than 150 charging processes each day
Services by The Mobility House:
Load management | Monitoring | Operation incl. Service
- Grid expansion: 80% out of 5 MW available from the power connection
- Operation: several hundred thousand Euros
The Dutch bus company Connexxion, one of the largest electric bus fleets in Europe, has come to rely on the smart Charging and Energy Management System ChargePilot. The challenge for this company is the extremely high volume of visitors at its Schiphol Airport location: on an average day, 10 MWh flow into the batteries of 100 vehicles. ChargePilot is so efficient that the company only uses and pays for about 20 percent of the 5 MW that are available from the power connection. This way several hundred thousand euros in service charges are saved.
Solution by The Mobility House
ChargePilot, the charging and energy management system, is perfectly suited for the bus company Connexxion:
- Transparent: ChargePilot monitors the status of the charging infrastructure in real time to guarantee a reliable operation.
- Measurable: Energy consumption and peak performance can be viewed and downloaded in the history at any time.
- Economically efficient: The "load management" module prevents expensive peak loads, keeping operating costs to a minimum. The system has demonstrated that it also significantly reduces investment costs when setting up new locations
- Viable for the future: Additional buses and charging points from different manufacturers can be integrated into the system.
We are excited about our cooperation with The Mobility House, which supports us as a knowledgeable expert in charging and energy management. With their product ChargePilot, we can efficiently charge and operate our fleet of electric busses and also have flexibility when expanding.
Josh Carmichael - Project Manager Zero Emission